Food For Women During Her Pregnancy
Pregnancy is the time when you really need to be strict with your diet because whatever you eat has a direct effect on your unborn child’s health malaysia e pharmacy. There are a lot of things about food that you should keep in mind and should know what you should eat during your pregnancy.
Nutrients You Need In Your Diet
Many women are not able to get all the nutrients from their food because they don’t know how much they need. It is necessary for your baby to get these nutrients and thus you should know the key nutrients which you need during your pregnancy,
- Calcium, you need at least 1000mg daily in your diet. It will help in bone development. The main sources are dairy products like milk and cheese.
- Iron, you need at least 27mg iron in your diet daily, it helps the RBC to deliver oxygen for your baby. Sources are meat, peas, beans, and iron-fortified cereals.
- Vitamin A, C, D, B6, and B12 are the vitamins you need in your diet. You need them in a quantity of at least 770micrograms, 85mg, 600IUs, 1.9mg, and 2.6 micrograms respectively in your diet.
- Folate, it reduces the chance of neural tube defect. You need to take at least 400 micrograms of this before pregnancy and in the first 12 weeks of pregnancy.
Food You Should Eat
There are some foods you should be eating during your pregnancy to have a healthy baby:-
- Dairy products, you need calcium and thus you need to consume these products as they are one of the best sources for that. It helps in strengthening the bones of your baby. If you are lactose intolerant then you should consider probiotic yogurt during your pregnancy to eat.
- Whole Grains, during pregnancy the need for calories also increases and to fulfill that whole grain helps a lot. They are packed with fiber and plant compounds that refill the energy in your body.
- Dry fruits, one type of food that you should never forget eating during your pregnancy are dry fruits, these are rich in vitamins and minerals. They contain all the nutrients a fruit contains in a much smaller form that makes it easy for you to be able to gain a lot of nutrients in a very less amount of diet.
What You Should Not Consume
Besides eating things that benefit during pregnancy you should also not be eating things that are harmful to you and your baby. Consuming alcohol during pregnancy is not good for your baby as it may cause behavioral or developmental problems in your baby. Caffeine should also be limited as it may cause problems with sleeping that contributes to nausea and further leads to dehydration. Some fishes are also harmful during pregnancy as they contain mercury that affects the growth of the baby. Avoid these three things in your diet and focus on eating healthy food that will help in getting all the nutrients and health benefits for your baby.…